This course is designed for students who have successfully passed the exam for the US Sailing Basic Keelboat certification and would like to earn the Performance Sailing and Spinnaker Endorsement.
Passing the exam for US Sailing Basic Keelboat is a prerequisite for this course.
At the successful completion of the course, the student will have the opportunity to take a written exam to earn the US Sailing Performance Sailing and Spinnaker Endorsement.
The course includes 16 hours on-the-water instruction, taken in 4 sessions, with 4 hours per session.
One Full Weekend (All-At-Once)
- Saturday AM Session 9am-1pm
- Saturday PM Session 2pm-6pm
- Sunday AM Session 9am-1pm
- Sunday PM Session 2pm-6pm
Four Weeknights (Over 4 Weeks)
- Thursday PM Session 5:30pm-9:30pm x 4
Course Materials (included):
US Sailing Performance Sailing Endorsement package
This package contains material needed to certify one student. One each of: Performance Sailing and Racing book, endorsement sticker and answer sheet. Prerequisite is the Basic Keelboat Certificate.
Sailing 102: US Sailing Performance Sailing and Spinnaker Endorsement Overview
- Learn to Sail Faster
- Advanced Sail Trim
- Rigging for Speed
- Racing Tactics for Optimum Performance
- Weight Distribution in Special Conditions
- Master the Art of Flying a Spinnaker